Why should you use a meditation chair and what is available
Meditation ought to be relaxing, yet loosening up is significantly more difficult when you’re uncomfortable. The greatest test while meditating is keeping your mind centered. Regularly on edge considerations or stresses mess up our mind. Also any distress in the body, will quickly take make you lose concentration. An ergonomic meditation chair can, significantly, reduce back torment and strains on the legs and knees while giving a cushion pad to our bodies against hard floors. It can make meditation more available for individuals with wounds and seniors who require additional help.
A meditation chair can actually have a huge positive effect on your practice as opposed to just sitting on a yoga mat. Whether you’re using an ergonomic seat or cushion for meditation or a meditation chair with back support, you will, soon, notice benefits to your practice. Here is why you should use it:
Keeps you comfortable and it is distraction free
Most mediation doers report getting distracted by discomfort in your legs and back. They’re unable to focus on your breath, mantra, or visualization because the aches in your body are stealing your focus.
A meditation chair helps combat these discomforts as they’re cushioned to protect your body from a yoga mat or hard floor and offer support pelvic bone and back when in sitting position.
Keeps Proper Alignment
Good posture is vital for meditation or practicing yoga. Since you are sitting for such long periods of time each day, you need to sit with your spine in perfect alignment. Poor posture while meditating can lead to aches and pains, strains or even injury.
A good meditation chair will support natural alignment in the various sitting and kneeling positions for meditation. An ergonomic meditation chair (Alexia Meditation Seat) will give you a supportive seat that helps you keep your spine aligned. Some chairs even provide back support.
Makes Meditation More Accessible
If you’re older or have an injury or limited flexibility, you may look at pictures of people sitting in lotus position and think that meditation isn’t for you. While traditional positions may not work for you, a meditation chair can make things more accessible as it will help you maintain a safe posture.
Meditation Chairs available
- Affordable Foam Chair
- Helps maintain good posture during your meditation
- Easily portable/ and light weighted (7lbs)
- Multipurpose chair. (watch TV, read)read, knit, or do other hobbies
- For meditators up to 220 lbs
Seat is 16.5″ long and 18.5″ wide, the back is 20.5″ tall and 18.5″ wide
- Easily fold-able, portable, easy to store, supportive and comfortable
- Designed to raise buttocks and cross leg posture
- Option for beginner and advanced meditators
- Cushioned seat and backrest, also includes extra back rest for lower back (removable)
- The seat and the back are cushions, providing more comfort and support for sensitive bottoms and spines
- Adjustable to five different degrees of slope, so you can customize the chair to provide you the back support you need, even lying it completely flat for savasana
Dimensions: 39″ Long x 19.5″ Wide, Cushion is 3.5″ Thick
- Designed for meditators who are sitting for long periods of time
- The chair features soft fabric covering memory foam that cushions and supports your body
- Adjustable with 14 different position angles (including laying down completely flat)
- Many different color options so you can easily find one to match the decor of your room
- A little heavy (over 10 lbs), it’s perfect for a home meditation practice
Dimensions: 41.25″ x 21.25″ x 6″
- Foldable for easy storage and carrying around
- Minimal design, the extra cushion allows for comfortable meditation in cross leg posture, or you can remove it for a kneeling position.
- Allows you to experiment with different postures
- Extra cushion elevates hips above your legs and ankles, which helps
- Easily fold-able, portable, easy to store
- Cushion Belt Support for Effortless Sitting & Meditation in the Lotus Asana position
- Very well designed easy to use
- Ergonomic meditation cushion that lets you find your ZEN with perfect posture and comfort
- Designed to support the lower back, knees and feet
- Raises the hips and angles them forward to naturally make you sit up straight, while your legs fold underneath you-without the pressure of your body weight
- Enhanced by richly coloured fabric, vegan Leather or leather
- Whether you’re working, relaxing, or just watching TV, Alexia can improve your meditation practice as well as your posture
- Most popular and affordable chairs used for meditation
- Used for camping, playing videos games, or any other activity that requires sitting on the floor
- Design is perfect for people who need back support while they meditate
- The steel frame supports your back, while the dense foam seat provides a comfortable cushion for your bottom
Dimensions: Backrest: 12″ wide x 21″ tall
The Health and Fitness Ally Team – Written by rayrocks83